Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pioneers of Contagion

Recently I did a post called Could Prosperity be Contagious? Judging from a recent event I went to in Jamaica, the answer is yes.

An initiative called Pioneers for Prosperity was holding its finals competition for the Caribbean. Its goal is to celebrate some of the most dynamic entrepreneurs in the developing world and to help them become role models for their peers and the next generation.

I found the enthusiasm, skill, and grit of these finalists to be highly contagious, and I came back to Washington all charged up about my own work. The Pioneers for Prosperity group has made excellent videos of each finalist that will be showed on TV in their home countries. This type of initiative is very important to change mindsets about what is possible, which is key to making progress in any country.

You can read more here.